WORKING IN EUROPE & OVERSEAS
Nanny, Tata & Co. specializes in placing Nannies, Governesses, Maternity Nurses and Tutors worldwide. We specialize in placing our caniddates in exciting nanny jobs worldwide. These nanny jobs are in exciting European cities such as Milan, Zurich, Monaco, Paris , Munich in Europe ; or in the Middle East particularly Dubai and Qatar. We also collaborate with other agents in Russia and Asia, placing our candidates in overseas nanny jobs in cities such as Moscow and Hong Kong. When filling out the application online, you may specify an area of specific interest.
Europe is an amazing place to find a nanny job whether in a larger city – Milan, Rome, Paris, Monaco, Zurich, Berlin, Barcelona- cities vibrant and waiting to be discovered. Or smaller, lesser known cities within Europe, seemingly suspended in time and provincial, allowing a fuller immersion into the language and culture. Inevitably when working in Europe, you will be surrounded by interesting architecture, art, landscape and (delicious!) food. We encourage you to gain as much of a cultural experience as possible and to be proactive about exploring your surroundings during your time off. However always remember that your first priority is your job and the children you look after. Especially in the first months when you are getting accustomed to living in a new country-navigating your way around a new city and all the challenges that come along with a new job- you may not have the time to live the “dolce vita” right away, especially whilst on duty. As with all other Nanny jobs, regardless of the country you work in – the hours are long, you will work hard and you have very precious cargo to look after!
There will also be language and cultural obstacles that will require much patience and an open mind. Candidates should ask themselves why they want to go abroad and if they feel they can really make the commitment to be away from Family and loved ones. Candidates should also seriously consider the kind of position they are applying for and realize that full time work may not coincide with their expectations of learning a language, sightseeing or finding a boyfriend. Our Families are looking for dedicated childcarers who will stay with them for at least a year and it would be unfair to them if a Candidate were to leave because she was not realistic about the situation. And ultimately the children would bear the brunt of the consequences.
If a Family is interested in meeting you personally for an interview, they will assume all the costs associated with the interview such as flights and transfers.
Candidates must be sure that they have the necessary funds to pay for airfare, insurance, and if applicable, visa costs before applying with us. If a Family is interested in meeting you personally for an interview, they will assume all costs associated with the interview such as flights and transfers. Once an offer has been made, a Family will typically assume the cost of the flights applicable. However candidates must be prepared to have sufficient funds for flights necessary if the trial period is not successful. In general, who assumes the costs of flights will vary with each position. If the Candidate is asked to bear the cost of flights, our Agency will negotiate a reimbursement policy whereby the Nanny « earns » the ticket back after completing work for a specified length of time. .
We do expect our Candidates to make a serious commitment to our agency and to the Families they choose to work for. We will eliminate Candidates that exploit our services in any way.
Complete the online application. For additional enquires email: email@example.com
“You never get a second chance to make a first impression »
- Be Presentable First impressions are vital. If you are unsure about what to wear, Nanny & Tata will guide you through this. Erring on the conservative side is always the best. No loud prints or bright colors. Light makeup, clean nails (not long), no heavy perfume and neat hair. Keep hair tied neatly back if unsure. Flat shoes such as ballerinas or clean sneakers: Remember you are looking after children!
- Allow yourself plenty of time and do not be late. If you are running behind schedule, have gotten lost etc.. please call us or your interviewer directly.
- Be knowledgeable about the job you are applying for and be interested in it. Ask questions. Children should be the first thing you discuss and the salary the last.
- Discuss all aspects of the job and be honest about your views.
- Make a list of points you want to discuss before the interview. Write them down and take them with you, that’s ok! If you have any specific concerns it is better to bring them out to the open ahead of time. Be prepared for their questions – we will give you a list of potential questions and suggestions of what questions to ask them.
- If possible ask to meet the children.
- Do not make any hasty decisions. Only accept a job that you feel you will be happy with. There will always be other jobs, follow your instincts!
- Be sure that you are clear on all aspects of the job requirements. Be clear on pay, holidays and time given off. Let your Nanny, Tata & Co. consultant be involved in this process and help you.
- Be Yourself!